Amicus Curiae

We're just like Scalia and Ginsberg, only we're 2Ls and not on the Supreme Court. Oh, and this Antonin doesn't sing.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Open Letters

Dear Alarm Clock,

We're going to have to re-think this whole "waking me up" thing. I don't know that I approve. We'll talk later.

Sleepily Yours,
Ruth

~*~*~

Dear Sleep,

I know. I miss you, too. Don't worry, we'll catch up on Friday Saturday Sunday.

Missing You...
Ruth

~*~*~

Dear Crim Pro Prof,

If you even pretended to be interested in the subject that you teach, I might be more motivated to stop playing Taipei during your class.

No Love,
Ruth

~*~*~

Dear Three Law Firm Receptions that all at the Same Exact Time,

You know, being the very mediocre student that I am, I don't have a whole lot of interviews, and thus I don't have a whole lot of receptions to go to. When you all have your reception at the same damn time, that equals less free alcohol for me to take advantage of. Unacceptable. Can't y'all coordinate or something? Sheesh.

Undecidedly Yours,
Ruth

~*~*~

Dear Handsome Redhead Who I Suspect is a 1L,

I would appreciate very much if you were at the TLBS party tonight. Just sayin'.

Yours,
Ruth

~*~*~

Dear 2L Year,

It's only the 2nd week of school. How the hell are you already so busy?

Waiting For October,
Ruth

7 Comments:

Anonymous UT troll said...

"Dear Handsome Redhead"

the dude from Arkansas? He's a good guy

8:46 PM  
Blogger EasternAir said...

ruth: you ought to read herzog by saul bellow. i mean, in october or thereabouts.

9:43 PM  
Blogger pivotal99 said...

ahhhhhhhhhh I forgot about the TLBS party. Ahhhhhhhh! This year is off to a bad start. Seriously.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

UT Troll: I don't know who he is or where he's from, or even if he's truly handsome. I just happen to have a preference for redheads, saw the red hair and a bit of a profile, didn't recognize him from last year, and then crossed my fingers that he'd look my way and smile seductively, but instead he got swept up in the crowd and I haven't seen him since. It's the greatest love story that never was. *sigh*

Easternair: Are you who I think you are? I recognize the line in your profile. If so, welcome back. If not, ignore this rambling. What's Herzog?

Pivotal99: I'm sure you don't need to be reminded about tomorrow's party. You can make up for not going out tonight with the free tab tomorrow.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous UT troll said...

"You can make up for not going out tonight with the free tab tomorrow."

Warning: I'm closing that shit down by, eh, 10:10

9:51 AM  
Blogger EasternAir said...

Ruth:

thanks, but i was never gone.

it's a good book where this dysfunctional dude writes a lot of open letters. it's one of my favorites.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Easternair, I'll probably check that out. You know... 'round October... or better yet, after Christmas.

Ruth

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com